Thursday, July 3, 2014

Peace And Quiet


Despite yesterday's unpleasantness where MIL buttinsky-ed where she wasn't wanted, causing my husband and I to have a large argument, today has been a much better day. You're going to have to do better than that, old gal, to ruin my marriage with your son.

Once my husband cooled down, he could better see my side of things. It's not that I'm asking him to never have his folks come over. That would be a dream come true but I know I have to compromise. And that's the difference between me and her. She just doesn't get it. I am fine with several nights a week, even though that makes me vomit a little inside my mouth thinking about it. But if it keeps the peace, so be it. And I saw my husband's side of things too. Now we're back to working together on this issue, which, like heartburn for a very pregnant woman (like me for example) just never seems to go away.

I braced myself this evening for someone coming to ruin the last few hours of my day. But no one came. I was shocked. And honestly, pleased. Because for the first time in about a week, I've finally gotten some peace and quiet. I made spaghetti with homemade alfredo sauce and served it with a tomato side salad. And guess who ate every bite of it without crying or complaining? That's right. Raelynn did. She ate all her food like a big girl and didn't complain about what was being served. Gee, that's funny. Because when MIL is here, she does the exact opposite.

When Jeremy came home, he asked if his folks had come by and I said no. He asked if I minded if they did and I cringed but told him if he really wanted them here, that was fine. But they didn't answer his call and I'm glad. Go ahead and act like whiny babies. Why you must insist on bothering us every night of the week without reprieve for ourselves, or for yourselves for that matter, is very alarming to me. Don't you people have friends? Yeesh. Anyway, as my husband ate dinner, he remarked that it was very delicious, and healthy. And he was enjoying the quiet with just Raelynn and me.

I think he officially at that moment understood exactly why I'd requested for some space in my evenings before our new baby is born. It's just nice this way. It's nice to spend time with just our family unit. And if certain people would respect boundaries, it would be nice to see them on alternate evenings. For now, I'm enjoying the silence because one way or another, it's not going to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment