Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Boo.

Well, that just sucks. Despite 2015 starting off in a weird way, I had high hopes that things would get better. But that's proving to be a challenge.

Unfortunately, my father has been having some issues with his right leg and his back lately. Even more unfortunately, the problem has persisted and now has rendered him unable to travel. So the big trip he and Mom were planning to make to Qingdao to see us and then to Singapore to see my brother and my pregnant sister-in-law had to be canceled. To say we're all very disappointed is the understatement of the year.

I'd found out this sucky news when I came back from a day of being spoiled, courtesy of Qingdao Family Guide, the magazine I write for out here (you can check out my latest work by viewing the magazine here) and the salon Raphael Perrier. I was chosen for our hot mom makeover and spent the day getting my hair and make-up done. I haven't had a new look in years and was so excited that I'd be getting one just in time for my parents' visit. But then, I checked my email and suddenly I didn't feel happy about being pretty anymore.

Maybe I'll still post about my new look later. I know I should but I'm completely bummed out. I couldn't sleep, even when Seoul was asleep. All I could think about was Daddy and how lousy he must be feeling to have canceled this trip. My father is a very strong and active person. I know canceling this trip depresses him as much as it does me.

Raelynn is sad but taking it much better than me. I could learn a thing or two from her. She wants to kiss her Papa so he'll feel better but for now, she says she can't wait to see Papa and Mimi at their house this summer. Me neither.

Anyway, if you're the praying kind or just a well-wisher, I'll hope you'll send good vibes our way, particularly to my dad. We hope that through physical therapy, he'll be able to avoid having surgery and that he will feel back to his usual self soon.

Jeremy and I are both really disappointed that we won't get to share Chinese New Year with my parents. The Small Chinese New Year celebration is tonight but I don't feel much like celebrating now.

No comments:

Post a Comment