Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Precious Raelynn!

It's incredible to think that three years ago, I went through one of the most difficult labor and delivery situations to soon find myself holding this darling creature:

I know that giving birth is, for women, something seemingly so ordinary, done routinely for eons. But for me, it was an extraordinary experience. One that changed my husband and me forever. And we are so thankful for this beautiful daughter who has been, at times, a sleep-depriving challenge, but more often than not, one of the most amazing blessings we have ever been given in our lives.

Here is my open letter to my sweet Raelynn. I hope she reads it when she's old enough...

Dear Raelynn,

You are an absolute treasure to both your father and me. We have cherished every moment with you, even the difficult ones, because even then, it made us closer. In these last three years, you have grown so much. Not just in size, but also socially and emotionally. For me, one of the most amazing things was realizing I was having a real conversation with you. Or when we shared our first inside joke - brush your teeth, not your lips! You thought this was so funny, and I laughed so hard, genuinely happy with my life because you make me so happy to be alive.

When your daddy and I are away from you, we hurt. It's why we almost always take you every place we go because we love being with you. We love your smile. We love your laugh. We love teaching you about the world and hope that as you grow, you will help to make this world a better place.

One of my favorite things is when you say "family" because you say it "famwee." It is just so cute and it makes us so happy that we are your family. And it's not just Daddy and me who are happy to have you in our lives...your Grandpa and Grandma, Papa and Mimi, Uncle Phillip and Aunt Kimmy, your friends and your teachers all love you because you are so sweet and funny, and you make us all so happy.

As you turn 3 and start on your way to becoming 4, I hope that you will grow even stronger, learn even more, have lots of fun and be kind to your little sister when she's born. She can never take the love we feel for you away - that is yours and yours alone.

I am so grateful to have you in my life. I can't wait to see what kind of wonderful things you do next.

Love always,
Mommy and Daddy

Raelynn's first birthday...

 Second birthday...

And now, the big 3! Happy 3rd Birthday to our beautiful Raelynn!

We hope all your wishes come true, even if you are just wishing you can eat that whole cake yourself. That IS what you're thinking in this other photo, isn't it? That's my girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment