Friday, April 4, 2014

Kids Say The Darndest Things: Part 2

You may recall this post from March 25, 2014, where I wrote about my students' communication journals and how they are responsible for writing our Word of the Day in them each night. Well, it seems that this year, my students are prone to unintentionally writing bad words because this is the second instance I've come across. I should tell you that despite using the same words for Word of the Day every year, I have never had this problem before. And I sincerely doubt it was deliberate.

This time, Lucy, one of my bright and better behaved students, wrote a bad word by forgetting a key letter.
We've been focusing on consonant blends and so the words from this week all have at least one consonant blend in them. Of course "cock" has a "ck" but it was not my intended word of the day which was actually "clock." Lucy just forgot the "l," much to my great amusement.

Will this year have more pure comedy gold lurking in the communication journals? We'll just have to wait and see. Oh, and if you're wondering, yes, I did purposely pick "black" and "flag" like that for our Word of the Day. Not that any of these kids or their parents are into punk but it made me smile. Not as big as this "cock" here makes me grin though.


No comments:

Post a Comment