Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Oh, The Irony!

As a wife and mother, I absolutely adore watching my husband interact with our children.

Like today for example. While I was hanging up our laundry to dry, Jeremy was laying on the bed with a cooing Seoul sitting on his chest. I smiled as I hung up our freshly-washed clothes, watching Jeremy play with our 2nd daughter, and watching him fall more and more in love with her. It was a very sweet sight.

And a sweet sound. He was talking to her as she cooed at him.
"P.U.! You're so chou!" he said.

"Chou" is Chinese for "smell" by the way. In case you were wondering. We often mix our languages in the sentences we speak. It's just how we roll.

Anyway, he continues gabbing away:
"You smell like milk. No, more like cheese. You know, I love dairy products."

My back was turned toward them at this time, so imagine my surprise and amusement when I hear a vurp-like sound of regurgitation, followed by an "Aughhhhhhhhhhhh!" I drop the clothes I was about the hang up and whirl around to discover that Seoul, who is a most kind, sweet and apparently generous baby, has decided to share her dairy products with her daddy who has just proclaimed his love for them by spitting up some of it. It almost landed in his mouth. Almost.

Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think? Ha!

I hurry and grab wet wipes from the counter so I can mop up the curdled milk globs from Jeremy's chin. And of course, I'm laughing away, pointing out the irony of the situation to him. "I love dairy products," I mimic and even he can't stop laughing.

Though I can't help but wonder how my husband feels about dairy products now.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of the incident but here's a couple of Jeremy and Seoul being cute together.

No comments:

Post a Comment