Monday, December 1, 2014

Boy For Sale!

Sometimes, you see some truly random things in China. And when you do, no matter how long you live here, or in my husband's case if you are even FROM here, you'll likely laugh. And snap photos. Because. This shit's just funny.
 Why yes, some guy is towing his kid around on a small trolley. It cracks me up for so many reasons, one of them being how the boy is sitting with his arms out. Also, it instantly made me think of the poem "For Sale" by Shel Silverstein which talks about a sister for sale. Oddly, I recalled it as "Boy for Sale" but I was mistaken. It happens.

Sorry these photos suck. Like many of my photos. Jeremy took these while he was driving. Well, more like rolling down the street. We were look for a good fruit vendor near our neighborhood so we weren't exactly flying down the road. When we saw this guy pulling his son on the cart though, we both laughed hysterically and he offered to snap the photos. So here they are. Just another day and another silly sighting in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment