Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Saved From MIL!

Today, I got a get-out-of-eating-barf-free card. One of our Korean friends who we hadn't seen in a while called us up and invited us out to dinner. Hells yes!
Jeremy and our friend Mr. Woo. 
 
We met up at one of the few Chinese restaurants I actually love around here. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I've kind of grown to hate Chinese food much thanks to MIL. This place makes such good food. Score!

The only downside was that it's August and it's fucking hot. And our car is in the shop for service so we had to take the bus. Which is not air conditioned. But it was only 2 stops away.

Still, nothing could save me from the sweaty yuckiness that August turns me into once I leave my house. Not even the A/C in the restaurant. Seoul felt the same way. She cried and cried and wouldn't nurse because she was so hot. Not until I switched seats with Jeremy who had a better position in relation to the air conditioning. Then all was well again and I could actually eat more than 1 bite of food. And drink my beer. Ah, cold beer on a hot day. It was bliss!

But the most blissful part of all was NO MIL! That is better than cold beer. It's better than a million dollars. It is priceless.

Our happy little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment